Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daily Journal: Class Recap

I had a good time in creative writing this quarter. I'm not going to lie and say that every assignment was fun, at times things did feel like they dragged, but it forced me to write and get in the habit of writing. It allowed me to improve my skills as a writer and open my eyes to new writing styles. I was able to work through some of the more difficult assignments which forced me to think in different ways. One thing I'd suggest for future reference would be to mix it up some days. Although the strategy of Journal, Lyrics, assignment,each day is effective, it can get a bit dull when doing it for a quarter long grind. Other than that I don't have too much more to say really, it was a good class to force me to start writing and learn to write a bit out of my comfort zone. As far as prep for college I don't know if this would be the best class to take for general students who's main concerns will be research papers and essays. However for anyone looking to get into any kind of English course work the varied writing styles allow us some invaluable practice of getting out of our element and crafting stories and ideas in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers