Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Daily Journal


I swung the chair high above my head. Whatever this thing was it was my intent to make sure it didn't leave my house alive. I have been setting out mouse traps regularly but this rat must have been smart. Although I had never seen it I knew it must have been huge. The lump in the carpet moved with an unnatural quickness as I tried once again in vain to smash the chair down on it. It slipped away again moving to the middle of my floor. Suddenly it ceased moving. I crept forward, very slowly. I raised the chair to the sky and smashed down hard on the spot. Suddenly as the chair connected with the hump it disappeared. The shattered into splinters and the pieces fell with a clatter to the floor. I yanked the rug away to find a tiny hole in the floor where the hump had been. It seemed far too small to have been what the rat snuck through but maybe it had squeezed its way down. I ran to the garage and grabbed a crow bar. I was determined to end this tonight, once and for all. I pried the loose floor boards apart and looked down into nothing... there was nothing there... nothing at all. Just solid earth... Suddenly I heard a rapping at my door. I spun around to watch the door unlock itself and open... no one on the other side. I ran wildly screaming from the house as the lights began to flash widely and a cackle emanated from every corner of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers