Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daily Journal: Free Write

I don't really know what to write about for this journal. It's our first without a prompt. I guess I could talk about my week but that'd be uninteresting.

It's eye popping to see the turmoil in the Middle East. I am very supportive of the people if they want to strive for a more democratic state. I just hope that those in power treat the populace well. Reports have come out of the military in Egypt using the same tactics of oppression and violence that president Mubarak used while he was in power. It's disheartening to see a people unified, who overcame a common goal, only to be put back in "their place" by those who fill the power vacuum. To see the populist sentiment spread to other countries in the middle east shows you the power of the democratic ideal, as well as the influence social networking can have on a nation. I am pleased to see that the people in this region are ready to throw off their shackles and persure democracy. The only question left to be answered is who will fill the seat of the new presidency. With the Muslim Brotherhood wanting to establish itself as a political party in Egypt, many believe a presidential candidate won't be far behind, and with past elections as examples, some in the west are wary of how fair this elections will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers