Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Day in the Life 10 Years From Now

Its Wednesday, February 9, 2021

I roll out of bed, trying not to disturb my wife. I look at the clock, 5 o'clock sharp. I sigh, "always an early riser". Ever since my time in college football I can't help but naturally wake up at 5am. I slowly make my way downstairs. My dog sparky flops up to me and plops down by my side as I put some bread in the toaster. I open the window in front of me and feel the cool crisp are wash over me as it brings me back to life. I see the quaint suburban town before me, all the solar panels on the roofs glinting as the sun slowly rises in the distance. A car whirs by, almost without a sound. I reminisce of the days when gas powered cars ruled the pavement rumbling along spewing pollutants into the sky. Now those old things are considered antiques. These new electric cars are more efficient and friendlier to our planet anyways. I walk over to my coach and wave my hand to bring up my remote for the television. The new interface allows me to control it with just a few gestures of my hand. I bring it on as the image covers a wall of my living room. I change it to the news. Fighting still engulfs the world in the east. China fighting the Coalition of Japan... and we've still got our nose in Middle Eastern affairs. I look at the clock, time for work. I make my way to my room to tell my wife that I'm leaving. I kiss on the forehead as her eyes lull open and she focuses on my face. "I love you babe", "You too hunny" she says as she rolls back over and falls back into sleep. I grab my piece of toast and pat spaky's head as I walk into my garage. I grab my pistol from the wall and put it into its holster snug under my arm. I clip on my CIA badge and get into my car, off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers