Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Metaphor:Football and War

Football

People don't realise the many similarities between football and war
We draw up battle plans and execute with a cold efficiency
My job is to take a human being and attempt to break them down physically and mentally play after play
Like troop formations we change our own formations and attack from every feasible angle
On any given play my job is either to drop back and protect my QB like defensive lines in an army protecting their HQ or I need to charge forward and destroy my enemy by any means necessary. I use my size and strength while the army uses troops tanks and planes.
In military band of brothers it takes a special bond to go to battle with the man next you and think nothing of your own  safety...
In football you throw your body time and again at your opponents. You must have a special bond between you on the guys next to you, forged from hours of blood sweat and tears, in order to ignore the pain and suffering and go once more into the breach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers