Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daily Journal: Scared

Tornado

It was a cool crisp fall evening and me and my parents were on our way home from the Burnsville Center. A light rain patters on our windshield as we drive down forty two and pass through modern suburbia. It seems awfully dark for 5 o'clock in the middle of the Summer but I chalk it up to being a cloudy day. A police car flies past us with its sirens blaring and its lights flashing. Suddenly a blinding light fills the car and it is as if the sky has been torn asunder. Our vehicle shakes violently as the thunder reverberates through the streets. I look up into the sky and it looks green and decayed as the clouds roil and boil like a thick stew. The low dull drone of the tornado sirens begins to echo through the sky as it moans out its forlorn baritone across the city. The officer has pulled over on the side of the road ahead and he is directing everyone off of the road. I look up at the sky and what I see has been an imaged burned into my mind for my whole life. I saw a funnel cloud forming above us in the sky. It was a furious looking cloud that was hanging low and then began to turn. From their I remember going to Carmike movie theatre and taking cover. The rest of the evening was a blur. That is why that night was the scariest night I have ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers