Monday, February 7, 2011

Story Prompt: Lion and Zebra

I feel the sweat trickle down my back streaming into cool pools beneath my tunic. I slowly remove my helmet clearing my vision. The Beast returns to stalking its original prey and circles slowly. I see fear in the poor creatures eyes, it knows even better than I what is to come. The Lion pounces on the animal... it is no more. I can't help but wonder, out here, in this foreign land. Who is the Lion and who is the Zebra? I bend down and fill my water flask in the oasis as the Lion happily enjoys its meal. I wash the blood from my chain and pull it back over my body. This war is not my war. They told me it was for God... if God really knew what was happening here he would rather not be offered the sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers