Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daily Journal: The Clock Winked

The clock winked in the darkness signaling the start of its cry. The shriek emerged from the plastic machine with a shrill note that pierced the morning air. I was shocked from my sleep. My hand fell with abandon upon the top of the infernal device. Silence settled over my room, I looked around, bleary eyed, trying to catch my bearings. Another dull morning greeted me. Outside I could hear the birds tweeting angrily as they fluttered off to distant branches, trying to avoid the clamour of my alarm. I closed my window and began to prepare for my day. The hot water of the shower was relaxing this early, too relaxing for I was on the verge of nodding off under its gentle caress. I turned the faucet to cold and allowed the sharp icicles to pour over my skin and jar me once more out of the haze into reality. This is the story of each of my mornings laid bare for the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers