Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily Journal: How would I change the world

Wisconsin


Well the prompt asks us to start with our own government.
I would have are government be accountable to the people again. Our government needs to step back and realise that they don't keep us in our place, we keep them in power. Without we the people our government has nothing and they need to be reminded of that.

I would hope that the government could find a way to balance their budget and cut spending so that they can finally start writing their quarterly reports in black ink, instead of the dreaded red pen. We the people have been forced to live within our means and I think it's time for the government to do the same.

That doesn't mean that I don't support cooperation. I am a Republican at heart, but at the same time a moderate one at best. What is going on in Wisconsin is disheartening to me. I am proud of the governor for his willingness to cut spending and balance the budget but on the same token why attack collective bargaining rights? Having talked to many teachers they seem willing to cut wages, but at the same time realise that their Union is one of the few benefits to the job. My dad makes a little over what an average teacher makes and I can understand that the teachers feel, in comparison to other white collar jobs, they are making less money. However, they have stated they are willing to take pay cuts and that the only thing they are fighting is the attack on the Union. I just hope the governor can find a way to bring everyone to the table and figure this all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers